Full Course: A Comprehensive Cacao Education
With fourteen 60-minute video classes, this is one of the most in-depth cacao education programs you can find online.
This comprehensive education includes everything covered in each of our individual courses: Cacao & Holistic Health, Developing Your Cacao Practice, The History & Culture of Cacao, Cacao Sourcing & Transformation, Facilitating Cacao Offerings, and Amplify Your Ritual Magick.
You can move through the course material at your own pace and re-watch any of the recordings at any time. "Love-work" journalling prompts support your integration of the course material, and supplemental reading and video materials deepen your understanding of the course content. An online private social network offers a forum for any questions you have as you go through the course material, and allows you to connect with other participants as well.
As soon as you sign up you will have access to all of the course videos from the following modules:
- Cacao and Holistic Health
- Developing Your Cacao Practice
- The History and Culture of Cacao
- Cacao Sourcing and Transformation
- Facilitating Cacao Offerings
- Amplify Your Ritual Magick
You will receive
- Supplemental reading to prepare for the class.
- "Love-work" journaling prompts to follow up and integrate the course material.
- Lifetime access to a private social network where you can ask questions about the course material and connect with other course participants.
Cacao & Holistic Health
- Physical Benefits of Cacao, Caffeine, Minerals & Mood Enhancing Neuromodulators
- Detoxification & The Download on Heavy Metals in Cacao
- The Cocoa Powder Lie & The Benefits of the Whole Bean
- A Sugar Story - Cacao and the Gut
- Emotional, Energetic & Spiritual Benefits of Working With Cacao
- Navigating the Cacao Marketplace
Develop Your Cacao Practice
- Cultivating Relationships with Plant Spirits
- Setting the Space, Frequency, and Timing of Rituals
- Cacao Songs and A Cacao Dieta
- How to Give Meaningful Gratitude
- How to Ask for Help and Magic
- 10 Practical Rituals to ring Cacao Practice Into Your Life
- Right Relationship - How to Navigate Reliance on Cacao
- Cacao Microdose Rituals
History & Culture Of Cacao
- Cacao Evolution and Genetics, Early Cultivation and Human Use
- Olmec, Mayan, and Aztec Use of Cacao
- Western Contact with Cacao and Colonization of Central + South America
- Present Day Commodity Cacao Conditions in Africa and Beyond
- Cacao Revival and What is Needed for Decolonization
- Decolonization Case Studies: Brazil, Guatemala, and Uruguay
- Filling The Western Cultural Void // Ancestral Lineage Work
- The Importance of Authenticity
- Tools For Navigating Call-outs Including Self Care & Accountability Practices and How to Lovingly Invite People Into Decolonization Discussions
Cacao Sourcing & Transformation
- ‘Ceremonial Grade’ defined
- Regenerative Cacao Farming Practices
- Wet Cacao Purchasing and the Social Impact Benefit
- Plantations vs. Small Farms, Fair Trade vs. Transparent Trade
- Fermentation & The Truth Behind The Raw Cacao Marketing Trend
- Cacao Supply Chain - Why Organic Certified Cacao Matters
- Cacao Production: Roasting, Shelling, Grinding, Conching, Tempering and Depositing The Discs
- The Four Element Spiral of Making Ceremonial Cacao
Facilitating Cacao Offerings
- What Is Cacao Ceremony & Why Cacao Ceremonies Are Trending
- Traditional Cacao Rituals In Practice Today
- Tuning into Your Why
- Guidelines for Creating a Coherent and Safe Group Field
- Guidelines for Easeful Facilitation
- A Roadmap For Sharing Cacao With Groups, Women's & Men's & Non-binary Circles, Partners & Family Members
- Cacao Ceremony Logistics and Templates
- Heart-Aligned & Socially Aware Marketing & Partnerships
Amplify Your Ritual Magick
- Connecting With The Animals And Elementals
- Discover your Roots - Ancestry Exploration
- Elemental And Animal Symbolism & Rituals
- Ways to Incorporate Each Element in Ceremony
- Nature Connection Exercises
- Ways to Incorporate Animal Guides in Ceremony
- Dreamwork + Shamanic Voyage to Connect With Animal Guide
After first encountering chocolate making with a Zapotec elder in Oaxaca Mexico in 2012, Jonas founded Firefly Chocolate in 2014, with the mission of inspiring awe and wonder through cacao. As his third entrepreneurial venture and his first at the helm, starting a business was a big initiation. Building a modern chocolate factory to produce purely 100% ceremonial cacao took many years, and now Firefly has found its footing with a unique expertise as a leading supplier of ceremonial cacao in the US and internationally. Jonas loves that every day he shows up to work, he gets to work with cacao, and it is always teaching him. His favorite part about teaching these courses is that he gets to share that rich learning experience with you.
Jonas goes by he/his, and he identifies as a first-generation American, having immigrated from Germany at 4 years old, He grew up in Boston, land of the Massachusetts people, and lives in Northern California, occupied land of the Nisenan people.
Sena worked at Google pioneering their hardware projects for 5 years before discovering cacao in a ceremony in Mexico in 2015. She eventually left her corporate job which led to travels in Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Belize to deepen her connection with cacao. She joined the Firefly team in 2018 after teaching many about ceremonial cacao through her online courses and in addition to her marketing support for Firefly, continues to lead ceremonies, retreats, and workshops on cacao stewardship.
Sena goes by she/hers, and identifies as half-Mexican and half-European. She grew up in the land of the Dakota Sioux, now called Minnesota, and lives in Northern California, occupied land of the Nisenan people.
THE COURSE WAS SO LIFE CHANGING. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED. ~ Crystal
The course was so life changing. It was so much more than I expected. My intention was to take the class as a way to develop z spiritual practice. All the "spiritual" practices in the past never felt right for me. Cacao makes me feel so connected, makes me heart so open and big. She begs for me to share her with others. As I sit with what I have learned and am still learning I have a great desire to become a ceremonial cacao facilitator for my community. Fargo needs this! I also have changed my primary beverage of the morning to cacao instead of coffee. Realizing now the janky, anxiety ridden vibes of coffee I've been allowing all these years where why I didn't feel good. Ufta! But mama cacao makes me feel so good and energetic without ever dropping a beat. Those heart vibes are so real and big. Thank you a million times over to you both... Jonas and Sena. Now if we can have a sustainable way for everyone to drink cacao everyday and spread the good vibes. Cacao can and will surely change the world.
HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND EXPERIENCING AND LEARNING FROM THIS CLASS. ~ Michelle
When I first saw Firefly Chocolate's announcement of their "Meet Cacao" course I didn't hesitate to sign up, and I'm so glad I did! Such thoughtful presentation of topics, so knowledgeable of the cultural history, literally all things cacao, nutritionally, farm to disc, ceremonial cacao, and so much more flowed so generously throughout this course. Jonas and Sena are a wonderful team of knowledge, a great balance, and beautiful space holders. This course exceeded my expectations and for me was the perfect balance between cacao facts, nutrition, history, also their farmers and standards (all wrapped around handling this plant as living medicine, a sacred being-and bean!), as well as the spiritual side of cacao, ritual and ceremony, the sacred plant medicine. Highly, highly recommend experiencing and learning from this class. You will connect with great people, you will love working with cacao. I learned so much about the plant and myself, which is a continuing experience as I grow in this journey with Mama Cacao. So much gratitude for Jonas and Sena, their tremendous knowledge and respect, and the lovely space they create for this special class.
All the best to you both, thank you again! I can't wait to take the Stewardship/Facilitator course, just wasn't meant to be this time around--but hopefully next time! See you in the chats and on social media LOL!
SOMETHING QUITE SPECIAL. ~ Marty
My experience of the course was not like I imagined it to be. First off, equal attention was given to both heart time and brain time; and they were woven together seamlessly. While there was significant information about all aspects of Cacao, it was delivered in a heart full connected way, and rather than just receiving data points, I had the full experience of what I was learning. I am all in for the next level of Steward the Medicine while insights resulting from my personal Cacao ritual continue to enrich and inform. Kudos to Jonas and Sena for creating something quite special.
I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY... THIS COURSE TRULY EXCEEDED MY EVERY EXPECTATION! ~ Lyndsay
I signed up for Meet Cacao simply wanting to gather more information for myself on the medicinal and physical benefits that I felt were beginning to transpire for me in my month of drinking Firefly Chocolate. I was absolutely blown away after the very first class with the depth of information and education that the course provided and the honesty and candor with which Jonas and Sena presented everything. Each class continued to inspire my curiosity about Ceremonial Cacao and the benefit of participating live when I could was also a wonderful surprise gift of community! My only wish was that the course was spread over 6 weeks with one class a week instead of two so that I would have had more time to steep in the information I collected from each class and allow it to more fully integrate before even more interesting information was presented. This course truly exceeded my every expectation! I feel much more able to speak about cacao to friends and family with this foundational information to build upon. Thank you for this offering and for sharing your knowledge with the world! Mama Cacao is working her magic through you and Firefly Chocolate!
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Item added to your cart
- Annie S.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 starsIntroduction to Cacao ~
After stalling for several months in my want to learn more about Cacao and finding that my cacao practice had almost all but stopped. I felt a pull with all the outside influences of the Covid-19 Pandemic to get a grip and reestablish my relationship with Cacao. I have aside several hours a week to learn and indulge myself in my practice and the FireFly Full Course is a perfect companion. It is well presented with real life experiences. It is giving me the sense of wanting to learning something again. I am really happy to continue with the course and look forward to where it will lead me. Perhaps on the FireFly Cacao Retreat in April. That is my goal. Great Product!!