When you take shortcuts on your health, your body can feel it.
Unfortunately, many mushroom products today are filled with grains and fillers, which drastically reduce the medicinal benefits.
These “supplements” are also lacking the proper delivery mechanism - cacao!!! - to delicately carry the benefits into your body tissues.
That’s why we created one of the highest quality mushroom products on the planet to boost your immunity, heal your cells, and calm your nervous system.
Meet Medicinal Mushrooms Enhanced 100% Cacao, a blend of our expressive heirloom Boundless Belize cacao combined with 11 organic medicinal mushrooms.
You are probably curious…
- What are the benefits of each mushroom in this blend?
- What makes these mushrooms different from other products out there?
- Is this mushroom product safe for me?
These Mushrooms Care About You
The eleven organic medicinal mushrooms in our blend help fortify your immune system and uplift your spirits.
Combined with cacao, Medicinal Mushroom is a very powerful support to a healthy life.
- Lion's Mane are neuro-regenerative and improve cognitive function.
- Reishi and Chaga promote longevity and support DNA restoration.
- Cordyceps & Tremella are anti-aging.
- Turkey Tail are immune-boosting and anti-cancer.
- Poria help prevent Alzheimer's and fatigue.
- Shiitake are good for heart health and fortifying immunity.
- Maitake are high in Vitamin E, anti-cancer and immunity boosting.
- Oyster reduce cholesterol, inhibit tumors, and help with joint and muscle relaxation.
- Phellinus are anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant.
*This Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider.
Carefully & Organically Cultivated
Our sourcing partners work with crops of mushroom strains that have been developed over the course of centuries! Thousands of small farmers dedicate themselves to the natural cultivation of mushrooms, maintaining a close relationship to the land and understanding that food production is a sacred bond with Earth.
So, how are they produced? Sustainably at a world-leading quality standard WITHOUT contamination by chemicals. Beyond organic, these mushrooms are grown on specially selected nutritious materials (protein-enriched sawdust, buried hardwood logs) native to each particular mushroom, similar to how they would grow on in the wild!
These natural substrates contain precursors that guarantee the production of important medicinal compounds.
Furthermore, the mushroom crops are produced in greenhouses and shade-houses with a constant flow of fresh air and fresh water from deep wells, in natural conditions of temperature, light, and humidity. This is very important, as natural sunlight provides the stimulus for proper mushroom formation.
Afterward, the mushrooms are harvested by hand and sun-dried or air-dried in a dehydrator. And before processing, every crop of mushrooms is tested for possible chemical drift or other contamination, making sure it is safe for your body.
Triple-Tested For Safety & Healing Benefits
For processing, their facilities are GMP-certified factories that only process mushrooms (just like we only process cacao at Firefly).
All water used in cleaning and extraction is purified with an ultrafiltration system. The extract product is dried and packed in ultra cleanroom environments.
Before sending them to the US, all mushrooms receive complete microbial testing for bacteria, yeast and mold, e. coli, and coliforms, heavy metals analysis, pesticide testing that exceeds USP standards, and organoleptic evaluation.
After arriving in the US, they are tested (again!) by reputable 3rd-party labs for safety and mushroom-specific compounds, namely:
- Beta-glucan testing to ensure the presence of active compounds.
- Ergosterol testing to insure fungal purity.
- Alpha-glucan testing to guard against adulterants and carriers.
- Reishi extracts are analyzed for triterpenoids. Cordyceps is analyzed for cordycepin
You would think that US-grown mushroom companies do all this and better, but they don’t.
In fact, much of what is sold in the US as mushroom supplements is adulterated with starch. Unfortunately due to poor regulation in the US supplement industry, mycelium grown on a grain substrate is allowed to be ground up (inclusive of the grain), and legally be labeled as mushroom powder. You would reasonably think that mushroom powder is purely ground up fruiting body, but in many cases, it isn't!
This is a very common practice that most well-known US suppliers quietly use because it is far more profitable. Not only are you primarily consuming starch filler because the mycelium can’t be separated from the grain, the mycelium are of far less medicinal value than the mushroom.
The good news is there are better tests that can be used. Here’s what we believe is a definitive test for true mushroom content, that can distinguish reliably from mycelium grown on grains.
- Test for Ergosterol. Ergosterol is a triterpenoid compound distinct to fungus. In fact, ergosterol testing is used in the US grain industry to test for the presence of fungus! Ergosterol is not only a useful measurement of true mushroom content, it also has anti-tumor and anti-oxidant benefits.
- Test for Starch. Fruiting body mushroom has very little starch. Yet mycelium grown on grains tests very high in starch, revealing that most of the “mushroom powder” is actually filler and devoid of active compounds.
- Use a more sophisticated Beta-D-Glucans test. There are tests such as one developed by Megazyme International that can distinguish between mushroom Beta-D-Glucans and other Beta-D-Glucans.
- Test for triterpenoids, which are lipids present in some mushrooms, and another important factor in immunological potency.
Ready to Heal Your Body?
Medicinal Mushrooms 100% Ceremonial Cacao Drink
Activate your highest potential and find optimal health as this deeply medicinal blend of mushrooms gives a boost to your body and spirit. Our mushrooms are 1:1 water extracted from the fruiting body only for highest medicinal content, and triple lab tested for purity and safety. That means no grains or fillers involved and completely gluten free. The taste is more like an earthy cacao than of mushrooms.
How Customers Are Feeling
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Five-Star Review
"Fulfilled especially at night. I love this blend for its supportive mushroom blend. I feel a whole-body effect from this cacao.
I love the immune system support. One of the easiest for me to consume and sit with in the evening.
Earthy, yet rich flavor with a spectrum of subtle and nourishing feelings."
- Meghan D.
How can we support your cacao journey? We'd love to hear from you! Reply to this email, reach out on social media, or click on the bottom-right-hand corner of our website for help.
With Love, Gratitude, & Cacao,
Jonas & The Firefly Family