What is the best way to enjoy your ceremonial cacao AND stay cool during a hot summer day?
Here is one of our favorite recipes, perfect any time of year, especially summer:
- Ceremonial Cacao Mousse: savor the richness of your usual ceremonial cacao experience with this cool, enjoyable treat
This recipe is also a great way to repurpose your leftovers after your cacao ritual.
And it offers a fun way to introduce and/or share with kids, friends, and family!
Get started with the Ceremonial Cacao Mousse recipe below!
How to Make Cacao Mousse
Click here and/or the image below to watch a fun video on how to make ceremonial cacao mousse from start to finish.
We’ve written out the step-by-step instructions for you below, too.
**Note: do not use dairy milk (which compromises the health benefits and effectiveness of ceremonial cacao).
First things first, let’s cover the basics of preparing a hot cup of ceremonial cacao.
Foundational Cacao Recipe
- Heat your water or dairy milk alternative (almond milk, coconut milk, tea, etc) as you would for your normal daily cacao ritual: 170 degrees or below a full boil to ensures you don’t heat out all the powerful nutrients in the cacao.
- Choose your favorite Pure 100% Cacao (if you want to add your own ingredients) or Enhanced 100% Cacao!
- With ceremonial cacao mousse, you want a thicker consistency with more "body". So, you have two options: 1) add more cacao discs than you normally would OR 2) keep your normal dose the same and add less water. The typical recommendation for a hot ceremonial cacao drink: 5-12 discs for an everyday dose with a 1/2 cup of water & 12-20 discs for a ceremonial dose with a 1/2 cup-1 cup of water.
- Next, blend it or froth it. Make it creamy! If you want to add extra ingredients—spices, healthy sweeteners, superfoods, herbs—now is the time!
Ceremonial Cacao Mousse: Additional Steps
*Note: If you are repurposing your leftovers from your normal cacao ritual, try adding a few more discs to your leftovers and re-blending it. This will thicken the consistency.
By using less water, cooling it, and setting it up as a mousse, this treat lasts three days longer than keeping the cacao in normal liquid form.
So, you have plenty of time to enjoy it and could make several batches for days in advance!
Customer Experiences With Cacao Mousse
Choose Your Cacao
How can we support your cacao journey? We'd love to hear from you! Reply to this email, reach out on social media, or click on the bottom-right-hand corner of our website for help.
With Love, Gratitude, & Cacao,
Jonas & The Firefly Family
Thank You For Your Love & Feedback
Your reviews mean the world to us. We read every single one because they inspire us, as well as help us understand what you need and like, so we can keep crafting the cacao you love.
Join Us! Firefly Community - FREE Weekly Virtual Cacao Ceremonies
Cacao brings us together and creates authentic group connections. Come experience cacao with people from around the world in a safe welcoming space. Click here to sign up and see more details!
Let's Be Friends!
Text +1 (844) 695-0043 for a more intimate cacao conversation.
You'll get access to the Firefly Family, our private circle where we share exclusive promotions, cacao ritual insights, exciting product updates, and more.