Last winter, I noticed that our Medicinal Mushroom cacao quickly became our most popular as the seasons changed. For several years I had been making various medicinal mushroom teas with reishi and chaga that I wild harvested, and I became curious about combining them with cacao. My first experiments led me to learn far more about mushrooms than I knew previously, and I became fascinated with the incredible adaptogenic properties of a wide variety of medicinal mushrooms. I also discovered cacao is an ideal carrier to help my system absorb the mushrooms, and that the flavor profiles are a perfect match with our Belizean cacao.
Read on to learn how mushrooms can upgrade your health!
Cacao helps medicinal mushrooms enter your body more effectively in three ways.
First, cacao is a vasodilator, which means that it relaxes your blood vessels for more easeful and fuller circulation. Second, the natural fat of the cacao butter is an ideal carrier mechanism that helps your tissues absorb the mushrooms more completely. And third, cacao tastes delicious and makes it more likely for you to integrate medicinal mushrooms into your daily routine!
The fourteen organic U.S. grown medicinal mushrooms in our blend help fortify your immune system and uplift your spirits:
- Lion's Mane are neuro-regenerative and improve cognitive function.
- Reishi and Chaga promote longevity and support DNA restoration.
- Cordyceps are anti-aging.
- Turkey Tail are immune boosting and anti-cancer.
- Poria help prevent Alzheimer's and fatigue.
- Shiitake are good for heart health and fortifying immunity.
- Mesima are anti-inflammatory and tumor inhibitive.
- Maitake are high in Vitamin E, anti-cancer and immunity boosting.
- Blazei are high in antioxidants and immune boosting.
- Agarikon relieve arthritis pain, anti-tuberculosis, anti-viral and antibacterial.
- Suehirotake support liver and cardiovascular wellness.
- Oyster (pictured) reduce cholesterol, inhibit tumors, and help with joint and muscle relaxation
- True Tinder Polypore are good for infections, are anti-bacterial and anti-viral
To be honest, this is a mere introduction to the profound health and healing available through mushrooms. I hope you are curious to experience the earthy cacao taste and immune system support of our Medicinal Mushroom blend!
*The statements and products shown in this article have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This article is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a qualified licensed professional.