Cacao Challenge - Day 12
Cacao works on many aspects of the mind physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Cacao actually has the capacity to shift the way your brain functions. Because of the many neuromodulators in cacao (you can review the neuromodulators on day 5) it helps with neuroplasticity!
Neuroplasticity is the ability of neural networks in the brain to change through growth and reorganization.
To understand how wonderful this is, here are 5 benefits of neuroplasticity we can look at:
1. It can help with depression and anxiety
2. Helps you learn new things and remember them!
3. Helps you engage in your life and activities with more presence
4. Can enhance your memory
5. Can help you become more creative and inventive in the way you approach life
With the medicine wheel we are working with, the next element that you will tune into is the element of air.
The element of air is related to the mind and when you connect to it, it can help you tap into stillness which leads to clarity. Or work with it to create change!
When we have clarity we move much differently through life. When we are conscious of our thoughts, and the way we relate to our ecosystem, then our approach to life changes.
Rather than reacting, we begin to respond. We pause, and we breathe, knowing that air is what nourishes the spirit making more room for truth and groundedness.
Do you see how cacao working on the mind, then relates to air?
Today’s Cacao: Mystical Mushroom
We invite you to make a cup of Mystical Mushroom Cacao. This is a potent blend that activates higher brain functioning while keeping you grounded in your body, perfect for connecting to the element of air!
Prepare your cup of cacao, set your space, and tune into today’s guided meditation to connect to cacao and the element of Air.
Reflection for day 12
- Did you receive any insights as you connected to the element of air?
- Where in your life do you feel the element of air could be most helpful? Where would you like to develop new perspectives?