Fall season = getting cozy and making decadent, warming cacao recipes to share with your loved ones. 😋
Here, we share with you two of our Fall Season Cacao Recipes so you can play with rich flavors while supporting your body in staying healthy and thriving during this time.
Pumpkin Spice Cacao
20-30 discs of Ora’s pure ceremonial cacao. This year, we recommend Connected Colombia as your base to invoke the energy of grounding and connection to the heart of the earth.
- 1/2 cup - 3/4 cups of your favorite non-dairy milk (depending on how creamy you’d like it)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of homemade pumpkin spice (suggested recipe below)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1-2 dates for sweetening
Instructions: heat up your non-dairy milk to about 180°F, once ready, place all ingredients in the blender. Serve and enjoy the fall flavors! 🍂
To prepare your own Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- 3 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 & 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of cardamom
- 1 tsp of ground allspice
- Pinch of cayenne if you like it spicy!
Mix all ingredients together and pour your mixture into an airtight jar to keep throughout the season.
Rooted & Nourished Cacao Recipe
The recipe below can help bring tranquility, digestive support, and heart health. The dandelion root is known to be wonderful for aiding digestion and detoxification of the liver. It contains high amounts of iron, protein, manganese, phosphorous, carotenes, and vitamin A, while cinnamon aids in stabilizing blood sugar levels and is a strong antimicrobial. Lastly, the coconut oil in this recipe can aid in supporting heart health along with cacao and adds a delicious creamy taste to your nourishing drink.
- Glowing Guatemala Pure 100% Cacao: 8-12 discs of cacao
- Roasted Dandelion Root Tea (2tbsp) - 3/4 cups of water
- Cinnamon: 1/4 tsp (more or less depending on personal preference)
- Coconut Oil: 1 tbsp
- Agave syrup, raw honey, or maple syrup: 1 tsp
- Optional: add a splash of your favorite nut milk
Heat water and brew Dandelion Root Tea for 10 minutes in 3/4 cups of water.
Once ready, strain tea and place all ingredients into a blender.
Blend together, or mix together if not using a blender
Enjoy and give thanks for this cup of nourishing medicine you’ve just prepared for yourself.